17 May 2015
Other SCYG2015 Visitors
We are excited to have you visiting us during the Samoa Commonwealth Youth Games 2015. The following information will assist you with your stay in Samoa.
If you require assistance with your accommodation booking for your stay in Samoa; please contact:
Ms Alexandra Rankin, CEO
Samoa Hotel Association
Breakfast is customarily provided at your hotel in Samoa and for lunch and dinner, the Samoa Hotel Association can advise you of the many local establishments in Apia and the surrounding area.
Arrivals: Due to Team arrivals, please avoid arriving on 03 September 2015
- Departures: Due to Team departures, please avoid departing on 13 September 2015
Please note entry visas are not required for travel to Samoa for a period of up to sixty days.
There are, however, a number of key entry requirements that each visitor to Samoa must meet before being granted entry in to Samoa on arrival.
Each visitor must:
- have a return or onward ticket
- possess a passport valid for a minimum of six months after the intended date of departure from Samoa
- have a valid visa or permit for entry into the country to which they will travel from Samoa
- state their accommodation arrangements, be they holiday accommodation such as a hotel or resort or with family or friends (specifically the village and family name)
- have documented evidence of sufficient funds for self-support (typically a copy of a bank statement)
- have no record or deportation from other countries
- have no health problems that would pose a risk to Samoa
- have no history of criminal charges resulting in a minimum of one year of sentencing
- not be on any alert or warning lists
While entry visas/permits are not required for Samoa some countries require travellers to hold a valid visa to transit onto another country even if they are just transferring between flights.
Different countries will have different requirements for travellers, please note, it is the traveller’s responsibility to check the different immigration requirements via official websites or by visiting the relevant consulate or embassy.
Individual countries will have different lodgement requirements and fees.
Event tickets are available by order via your Commonwealth Games Association (CGA) by way of an International Ticket Order Form.
Event tickets are payable in local currency (cash only) upon receipt in Samoa and will be hand-delivered to your hotel or to the care of your CGA.
Events tickets are not available on line.
For more information
Or visit our website or follow us on our social media platforms: